I don’t know about you guys but the only thing I gained this last waxing moon was weight. Ugh, 6 whole pounds!! I want to blame the mercury retrograde but I know deep down it was the Doritos. I know your supposed to do a detox at least seasonally to transition and acclimate your body chemistry to the changing weather but I have been lazy in the health department. I think its been 3 years since I detoxed? I used to teach people how to prepare vegan and microbiotic foods for medicinal purposes so I really have no excuse for how I feel. Unfortunately, I know exactly why i’m out of sorts, this last PMS was terrible and i’m tipping my scales in the weight department. Fortunately, I also know what I need to do to kick my but in gear too!
A few weeks ago my husband started to show signs of a summer cold. I brewed up a super strong pot of herbal tea. A power punch to flush out any cold he might be conjuring. The good thing is, he drank it like a champ for 3 days and didn’t get sick. The bad new, I drank 2 shots that evening and it threw me all out of whack.
I’m talking oily dry face, bloating, weight gain, gas, muscle soreness, irritability, and major PMS and more irritability. My little micro detox was more like a toxic upheaval. I hadn’t even noticed I need a detox until that tea. Darn it!
So I busted out my Linda Page books and looked over my old detox plans. I then omitted all things which were unfeasible for my busy lifestyle, and added a few magickal and medicinal touches to make the perfect magickal detoxing tea.
This waning moon, I will be releasing all that which no longer serves me. Beginning with the unwanted weight, aches, oily skin, irritability, junk food and headaches.
- Burdock Leaf & Root, Dried
- Medicinal: detoxifies, blood circulator, filters impurities
- Magickal: Cools anger, removes negative feeling of self
- Dandelion Leaf & Root, Dried
- Medicinal: Diuretic, used in liver, urinary & kidney problems
- Magickal: Wishing, psychic powers, communicating with spirits
Equal Parts Leaf & Root (As Above So Below) Bring 48 ounces of water to a boil, add 3 heaping tablespoons of the herbal mixture to the water. Cover and Boil 6 minutes. Turn flame off & steep another 45 minutes. Should yield about 32 ounces of tea. Drink 8 ounces of tea 4 times a day for 3 days
Power Flush Detox Tea
- 1 Cup each Echinacea Leaf & Root, Dried
- Medicinal: echinacea contains active substances that boost immune function, relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and have hormonal, antiviral, and antioxidant effects
- Magickal: Adds powerful strength to charms, sachets, and herb mixes. Useful for money drawing magick. Dried flowers can be burned as incense. Use on the altar as a offering to the spirits.
- .5 Cup Witch Hazel Leaf, Dried
- Medicinal: Aids in bowel problems including diarrhea, topical, astringent, skin ailments.
- Magickal: Aids in chastity and protection. Eases grief over a lost love (not necessarily romantic love). Use in a sachet to reduce passions. Use in love spells and spells to ward off evil.
- .5 Cup Rose Hips, Dried
- Medicinal: Diuretic, laxative, aids immune, anti-inflammatory. antioxidant, high vitamin C
- Magickal: healing spells and mixtures, brings good luck, calls in good spirits.
- .5 Cup each Elder Flower & Elder Berries, Dried
- Medicinal: antibacterial, antiviral, diuretic, laxative
- Magickal: Sleep, releasing enchantments, protection against negativity, wisdom, house blessing and business blessing. Elder flowers are useful in dream pillows. Wear to provide protection against evil, negativity, attackers, and the temptation to commit adultery. Used in rites of death & dying to protect the loved one during transport to the Otherworld. Note: Elder leaves, bark, roots, and raw berries are poisonous. Use with caution.
- 1 Star Anise
- Magickal: Used to help ward off the evil eye, find happiness, and stimulate psychic ability. Fill a sleep pillow with anise seed to prevent disturbing dreams. Use to invoke Mercury and Apollo. Great for aromatherapy. Use in purification baths with bay leaves. A sprig of Anise hung on the bedpost will restore lost youth. Use in protection and meditation incenses.
- 1 whole lemon per day
- 1 tablespooon Manuka Honey per day
Combine all the herbals. Bring 48 ounces of water to a boil, add 1 cup of the herbal mixture to the water. Cover and Boil 6 minutes. Turn flame off & steep another 45 minutes. Drink cold with fresh squeezed lemon & Manuka Honey. Should yield about 32 ounces of tea per brew. Drink 8 ounces of tea 4 times a day for 3 days.